The house hunting process can be an exciting time in your marriage. But, if we’re being completely honest, it can also be a stressful time, too. That’s why it’s so important that you and your spouse be on the same page about your wants and needs before you even start the house hunting process.
We love when couples walk in to our office with a unified vision of what the house hunting process will look like for their family. It makes everything so much easier, for everyone involved. So, before you start the house hunting process, go ahead and sit down with your spouse. Go through the list below to figure out what you want out of the house hunting process as well as the home you are searching for. We hope that by walking through these questions, you will have a whole vision for your family and your future home.
1. How much are we willing to put down for a down payment?
2. What is the maximum amount we can afford for a monthly mortgage payment?
3. Do we have plan in place in case one of us should lose our job?
4. What school district do we want to live in?
5. What three things do we EACH want in our new home? (Make a list of the six biggest things you want in your new home…a master bathroom, a spacious kitchen, etc.)
6. How many years do we want to spend in this home?
7. Why do we want to buy a home right now?
8. When we imagine our home, what events do we see happening there?
9. How far of a commute are we willing to have?
10. By what date do we want to move into our new home?
Please take some time to work through each of the questions we have provided. You should even write down your answers. Then, if the house hunting process becomes complicated, you can review your answers to these questions and get yourselves back on track.
Once you’ve gone through these questions and have a clear vision for your experience, go ahead and give us a call. We can’t wait to meet with you both and begin this journey together.
Spica Real Estate, 2575 84th St. SW, Byron Center, MI 49315 | Copyright 2017 Powered By Arbi-Design - All Rights Reserved