With the recent “stay at home” order in Michigan, you may think that it is impossible to buy or sell a home during this time. However, that is not true! Here is a list of some things we can’t do during this time… but also some ways we have adapted with what we can do during this time!
- While we can’t meet to sign documents to list your home in person, we have long used a digital document signing software as an option for our clients, so we can set up a video call to explain documents to you, then have you sign all of the documents digitally!
- While we can’t allow real estate agents to host in-person showings of your home during the “stay at home” order, we can set up a video call with the agent and prospective buyer to have you host a “virtual showing” of the home via Zoom or another video software.
- While we can’t host an open house in person, we can host a virtual open house via Zoom or another video software.
- While we can’t allow any in-person showings of your home during the “stay at home” order, we can allow the Buyer to see the home in person during their inspection of the home, as long as the inspector and Sellers agree to an in-person showing during the inspection (and there is a fully signed purchase agreement in place).
We also have many standard practices for getting the word out about any homes we have listed, and are continuing to do the following for all of our listings during this time. All of these help get the word out about your home without having an in-person showing:
- We create a listing walkthrough video, which can act as a virtual tour of your home.
- We add the walkthrough video, high resolution photos, and all of the details of your home to a dedicated listing website for your home.
- We post the details of your home to the MLS, which feeds out to many other sites (Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and more!).
- We send marketing mailers out to your closest neighbors on a regular schedule. Did you know that 25% of homes are sold to friends of those who live in the neighborhood?
- We post about all of our listings frequently on Facebook, run Facebook ads, and place Facebook Marketplace listings for your home.
Want to know more about how we are helping sell our clients’ homes during this time? Feel free to give us a call (616-730-1254) or email SREteam@SpicaRealEstate.com.